Cadbury Chocolate Hedgehog Recipe
This recipe for Cadbury Chocolate Hedgehog serves 8 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 50 minutes
(110 minutes to prepare, no cooking required)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 250 g shredded wheat biscuits, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of shelled pistachios
- 4 tbsp cadbury bournville cocoa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup of caster sugar
- 225 g butter, 175 grams for hedgehog base and 50 grams for topping
- 250 g cadbury dark cooking chocolate, for topping
How to make Cadbury Chocolate Hedgehog:
- In a saucepan melt 175 grams of butter, then add sugar and cocoa over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Stirring to ensure sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat add coconut, egg, pistachios and biscuits. Press mixture into a baking paper lined 28cm x 18cm slab pan. Chill for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and butter in bowl over simmering water. Spread over slice. Allow to set in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Slice with hot knife into pieces.
(Sourced from Cadbury)